Match the phrasal verbs in List - I with their meanings in List - II.
|
List – I |
List – II |
|
(A) ask for |
(I) start something |
|
(B) take up |
(II) summon |
|
(C) get at |
(III) reach |
|
(D) send for |
(IV) request for |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(III), (D)-(II)
-
(A) ask for – (IV) request for
- "Ask for" means to request something.
- Example: He asked for a glass of water.
-
(B) take up – (I) start something
- "Take up" means to begin or start an activity, job, or hobby.
- Example: She took up painting last year.
-
(C) get at – (III) reach
- "Get at" means to reach something, either physically or metaphorically.
- Example: I can't get at the top shelf without a ladder.
-
(D) send for – (II) summon
- "Send for" means to call or summon someone.
- Example: She sent for the doctor when she felt sick.