Match the blanks in List-I with appropriate words in List-II:-
|
List-I (Meanings) |
List-II (Words) |
|
(A) She always treats us with great ______. |
(I) radiant |
|
(B) Food adultration is a ____ crime. |
(II) benevolent |
|
(C) I like her _____ smile. |
(III) amiability |
|
(D) Donation to poor and needy people is a ____ act. |
(IV) heinous |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Meanings) |
List-II (Words) |
Meaning |
|
(A) She always treats us with great ______. |
(III) amiability |
Amiability means the quality of having a friendly and pleasant manner; agreeableness. This fits the context of being treated well. |
|
(B) Food adultration is a ____ crime. |
(IV) heinous |
Heinous means utterly odious or wicked. A severe, serious crime is often described this way. |
|
(C) I like her _____ smile. |
(I) radiant |
Radiant means clearly emanating great joy, love, or health; shining brightly. This is a common adjective for a pleasing smile. |
|
(D) Donation to poor and needy people is a ____ act. |
(II) benevolent |
Benevolent means well meaning and kindly, or characterized by charity. This perfectly describes the act of donation. |