Match List – I with List – II.
|
List – I |
List – II |
|
(A) modest |
(I) frugal |
|
(B) munificent |
(II) scarce |
|
(C) numerous |
(III) arrogant |
|
(D) mild |
(IV) rough |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) - (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(II), (D)-(IV)
- (A) modest - (III) arrogant: Modest means humble, while arrogant means having an exaggerated sense of one's own importance.
- (B) munificent - (II) scarce: Munificent means very generous, while scarce means in short supply or not plentiful.
- (C) numerous - (I) frugal: Numerous means many, while frugal means sparing or economical, particularly in the use of resources.
- (D) mild - (IV) rough: Mild means gentle or not harsh, while rough means having an uneven or irregular surface or being harsh.