Fill in the blanks in the sentences given in list List-I with the appropriate words given in List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
|
(A) Enjoy yourself fully but don't let enjoyment take ____ over work. |
(I) savour |
|
(B) She threatened to ____ vengeance on her enemies. |
(II) precedence |
|
(C) The _____ of Chandragupta is known as the golden period of Indian history. |
(III) wreak |
|
(D) These days one is able to ____ food from any part of the world. |
(IV) reign |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
Explanation |
|
(A) Enjoy yourself fully but don't let enjoyment take ____ over work. |
(II) precedence |
Precedence means the condition of being considered more important than someone or something else; it fits the idiom "take precedence over." |
|
(B) She threatened to ____ vengeance on her enemies. |
(III) wreak |
Wreak means to cause (a large amount of damage or harm); it fits the common collocation "wreak vengeance." |
|
(C) The _____ of Chandragupta is known as the golden period of Indian history. |
(IV) reign |
Reign means the period during which a sovereign rules; it refers to the time of a king's rule. |
|
(D) These days one is able to ____ food from any part of the world. |
(I) savour |
Savour means to taste (good food or drink) and enjoy it completely; it fits the context of enjoying diverse food. |