Match the Phrasal Verbs in List - I with their meaning in List - II.
|
List – I |
List - II |
||
|
(A) |
Call off |
(I) |
to get by chance |
|
(B) |
Come upon |
(II) |
to turn down |
|
(C) |
Take after |
(III) |
to resemble |
|
(D) |
Set aside |
(IV) |
to cancel |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below :
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
Here are the correct matches for the phrasal verbs in List - I with their meanings in List - II:
| **List - I | List - II** |
|---|---|
| (A) Call off | (IV) to cancel |
| (B) Come upon | (I) to get by chance |
| (C) Take after | (III) to resemble |
| (D) Set aside | (II) to turn down |
Explanation:
- Call off: To cancel or postpone an event or plan. Example: "The concert was called off due to bad weather."
- Come upon: To find or discover something unexpectedly. Example: "I came upon an old photo album in the attic."
- Take after: To resemble someone in appearance or personality, usually a family member. Example: "She takes after her mother in many ways."
- Set aside: To reserve something for a specific purpose or to postpone dealing with it. Example: "I set aside some money each month for savings."