Match List – I with List – II.
|
List – I |
List – II |
|
A. x2 – 4x + 4 = 0 |
I. $x=\frac{7}{2}$ |
|
B. 2x – 7 = 0 |
II. Quadratic equation |
|
C. $\frac{1}{x^2}-1=0$ |
III. x = 2 and -2 |
|
D. 4x2 + 4x + 1 = 0 |
IV. x = ±1 |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
A ⇒ x2 – 4x + 4 = 0
x2 – 2x – 2x + 4 = 0
x(x – 2) – 2(x - 2) = 0
x = 2 and -2 .......(III)
B ⇒ 2x - 7 = 0
x = \(\frac{7}{2}\) .........(I)
C ⇒ $\frac{1}{x^2}-1=0$
$\frac{1}{x^2} = 1$
1 = x2
x = ±1 ........(IV)
D ⇒ -4x2 + 4x + 1 = 0 ⇒ Quadratic Equation.........(II)
Therefore, correct answer is
A-III, B-I, C-IV, D-II