Match the blanks in List-I with the appropriate phrasal verbs from List-II
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Phrasal Verbs) |
|
(A). The draught was so strong that it ____ the candle. |
(I). pulled through |
|
(B). An argument ____ at the end of the meeting, and it ended on a sour note. |
(II). pulled up |
|
(C). He was very ill last year, but thank goodness, he has ____. |
(III). blew out |
|
(D). The bus ____ sharply at a red light and I lost my balance and fell over. |
(IV). blew up |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Phrasal Verbs) |
Explanation |
|
(A). The draught was so strong that it ____ the candle. |
(III) blew out |
Blew out means to extinguish (a flame) by a current of air. |
|
(B). An argument ____ at the end of the meeting, and it ended on a sour note. |
(IV) blew up |
Blew up means to erupt in anger or suddenly become intense or violent. |
|
(C). He was very ill last year, but thank goodness, he has ____. |
(I) pulled through |
Pulled through means to survive a dangerous or difficult illness or situation. |
|
(D). The bus ____ sharply at a red light and I lost my balance and fell over. |
(II) pulled up |
Pulled up means (of a vehicle or driver) to slow down and stop, especially abruptly. |