Match List – I with List – II.
|
List - I |
List - II |
|
(A) Let down |
(I) investigate the matter |
|
(B) Look into |
(II) give charge or authority |
|
(C) Put out |
(III) extinguish |
|
(D) Hand over |
(IV) humiliate/to lower down |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below :
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) - (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(III), (D)-(II)
The correct matching of List - I (Phrasal Verbs) with List - II (Meanings) is:
- (A) Let down → (IV) humiliate/to lower down
- (B) Look into → (I) investigate the matter
- (C) Put out → (III) extinguish
- (D) Hand over → (II) give charge or authority
- Let down means to disappoint or fail to meet expectations, which aligns with "humiliate/to lower down."
- Look into means to investigate or examine, matching "investigate the matter."
- Put out means to extinguish, such as putting out a fire, which corresponds to "extinguish."
- Hand over means to give charge or authority to someone else, fitting with "give charge or authority."