Match the words given in the List-I with their meanings given in the List-II:-
|
List-I (Words) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) Exaltation |
(I) Related to meaning in language |
|
(B) Resurrection |
(II) Lack of energy |
|
(C) Semantic |
(III) Great Joy |
|
(D) Lassitude |
(IV) A new beginning once again |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Words) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) Exaltation |
(III) Great Joy |
|
(B) Resurrection |
(IV) A new beginning once again |
|
(C) Semantic |
(I) Related to meaning in language |
|
(D) Lassitude |
(II) Lack of energy |
Option 1 – (A)-(III): Exaltation → Great Joy. Exaltation means a feeling of extreme happiness or elation.
Option 2 – (B)-(IV): Resurrection → A new beginning once again. Resurrection refers to coming back to life or starting again, often used metaphorically for renewal.
Option 3 – (C)-(I): Semantic → Related to meaning in language. Semantic is concerned with meaning, especially in language or logic.
Option 4 – (D)-(II): Lassitude → Lack of energy. Lassitude means tiredness or fatigue, a state of physical or mental weariness.