Match list I with list II
|
List I - NAM founding countries |
List II - Country |
|
(A) Sukarno |
(I) India |
|
(B) Gamal Abdel Nasser |
(II) Indonesia |
|
(C) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru |
(III) Egypt |
|
(D) Josip Broz Tito |
(IV) Yugoslavia |
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
*The correct answer is Option 4 - (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(I), (D)- (IV)*
|
List I - NAM founding countries |
List II - Country |
|
(A) Sukarno |
(II) Indonesia |
|
(B) Gamal Abdel Nasser |
(III) Egypt |
|
(C) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru |
(I) India |
|
(D) Josip Broz Tito |
(IV) Yugoslavia |
The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) was a significant international political movement during the Cold War era. It emerged in the mid-20th century as a response to the bipolar world order dominated by the United States and the Soviet Union. The movement aimed to create an alternative path for countries that did not want to align themselves with either of the two superpowers or their respective alliances (NATO and the Warsaw Pact).
The Non-Aligned Movement consisted of a group of nations that sought to maintain their independence and promote their own national interests while avoiding alignment with any major power bloc. The movement originated from the Bandung Conference held in Indonesia in 1955, where leaders from newly independent countries in Asia and Africa came together to discuss common challenges and aspirations.
The founders of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) were Jawaharlal Nehru of India, Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana, Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt, Sukarno of Indonesia and Josip Broz Tito of Yugoslavia.