Match the words in List - I with their Antonyms in List - II.
|
List - I |
List - II |
|
(A) burn |
(I) complimentary |
|
(B) derogatory |
(II) douse |
|
(C) abundance |
(III) release |
|
(D) detain |
(IV) limited |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) - (A)-(II), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(III)
-
(A) Burn → (II) Douse
- The antonym of "burn" is "douse," which means to extinguish a fire or flame.
-
(B) Derogatory → (I) Complimentary
- The antonym of "derogatory" (insulting or critical) is "complimentary," which means expressing praise or approval.
-
(C) Abundance → (IV) Limited
- The antonym of "abundance" (a large quantity) is "limited," which means restricted or small in quantity.
-
(D) Detain → (III) Release
- The antonym of "detain" (to hold or keep in custody) is "release," which means to set free.