Match List I with List II
|
LIST I (Concept) |
LIST II (Definition) |
|
A. Density of population |
I. The working population participation in various occupations |
|
B. Sex Ratio |
II. Numbers of people in different age groups |
|
C. Age structure |
III. Ratio between the number of women and men |
|
D. Occupational |
IV. Ratio Structure between the numbers of people to size of land |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(III), (C)-(II), (D)-(I)
A. Density of Population-(IV): Ratio between the numbers of people to the size of the land.
Population density is a measure of the number of people living per unit of area, often per square kilometer or square mile. It helps in understanding how crowded or sparse a particular area is in terms of population.
B. Sex Ratio-(III): Ratio between the number of women and men.
Sex ratio is a demographic measure that expresses the number of females per 1,000 males in a population. It provides insights into the gender distribution within a given area or population.
C. Age Structure-(II): Numbers of people in different age groups.
Age structure refers to the distribution of the population across various age groups. It typically divides the population into categories such as children, working-age adults, and the elderly, helping to understand the demographic composition.
D. Occupational Structure-(I): The working population's participation in various occupations.
Occupational structure provides insights into how the working population is distributed across different types of jobs or occupations. It helps in understanding the economy's composition and the types of work people are engaged in.