Match the phrasal verbs given in List-I with their correct meanings in List-II:-
|
List-I (Phrasal Verbs) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) Nod off |
(I) Raise prices |
|
(B) Jack up |
(II) Finish something |
|
(C) Look up to |
(III) Fall asleep |
|
(D) Wrap up |
(IV) To respect |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Phrasal Verbs) |
List-II (Meanings) |
Explanation |
|
(A) Nod off |
(III) Fall asleep |
To nod off means to drift into a light sleep, especially unintentionally (e.g., nodding off during a lecture). |
|
(B) Jack up |
(I) Raise prices |
To jack up (usually prices or fees) means to increase them sharply or abruptly. |
|
(C) Look up to |
(IV) To respect |
To look up to someone means to respect and admire them. |
|
(D) Wrap up |
(II) Finish something |
To wrap up means to complete or finish a discussion, task, or activity. |