Match List I with List II.
| List I | List II. |
| A. Ampulla | I. present at the upper part of labia minora. |
| B. Fimbriae | II. along with vagina is birth canal. |
| C. Clitoris | III. site of fertilisation. |
| D. Cervical Canal | IV. helps in collection of ovum after ovulation. |
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2): A-III. B-IV. C-I. D-II.
-
List I List II. A. Ampulla III. site of fertilisation. B. Fimbriae IV. helps in collection of ovum after ovulation. C. Clitoris I. present at the upper part of labia minora. D. Cervical Canal II. along with vagina is birth canal. - The infundibulum leads to a wider part of the oviduct called ampulla which is a site of fertilization.
- The part closer to the ovary is the funnel-shaped infundibulum. The edges of the infundibulum possess finger-like projections called fimbriae, which help in collection of the ovum after ovulation.
- The clitoris is a tiny finger-like structure which lies at the upper junction of the two labia minora above the urethral opening.
- The uterus opens into vagina through a narrow cervix. The cavity of the cervix is called cervical canal which alongwith vagina forms the birth canal.