Fill in the blanks in List - I with the suitable homonyms from List - II.
|
List – I |
List – II |
|
(A) The car hit into the ____ vehicle. |
(I) Complements |
|
(B) She received many ____ for her melodious voice. |
(II) Stationery |
|
(C) Please get me a pen from the _____ shop. |
(III) Stationary |
|
(D) A good secretary ____ the work of a chairman. |
(IV) Compliments |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(II), (D)-(I)
-
(A) The car hit into the ____ vehicle.
- The correct word is "stationary" (III) (meaning "not moving").
- "Stationery" refers to office supplies like paper and pens, which is incorrect here.
-
(B) She received many ____ for her melodious voice.
- The correct word is "compliments" (IV) (meaning praise or admiration).
- "Complements" means something that completes or enhances, which is incorrect here.
-
(C) Please get me a pen from the _____ shop.
- The correct word is "stationery" (II) (referring to writing materials like pens, pencils, and paper).
-
(D) A good secretary ____ the work of a chairman.
- The correct word is "complements" (I) (meaning enhances or completes).