Fill in the blanks in the sentences in List-I with the appropriate Phrasal Verbs from List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Phrasal Verbs) |
|
(A) They gave me a form to ____. |
(I) cross out |
|
(B) I will ____ the mistake that I made in the form. |
(II) fill out |
|
(C) I didn't expect her to _____ the job offered to her. |
(III) get away |
|
(D) The robbers will ____ with the loot if the police do not arrive on time. |
(IV) turn down |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(II), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Phrasal Verbs) |
Explanation |
|
(A) They gave me a form to ____. |
(II) fill out |
Fill out means to complete a form or document by writing information in the blank spaces. |
|
(B) I will ____ the mistake that I made in the form. |
(I) cross out |
Cross out means to draw a line through a word or phrase to show that it is wrong or irrelevant; to delete. |
|
(C) I didn't expect her to _____ the job offered to her. |
(IV) turn down |
Turn down means to refuse or reject an offer or a request. |
|
(D) The robbers will ____ with the loot if the police do not arrive on time. |
(III) get away |
Get away (often get away with) means to escape after committing a crime, often without being caught or punished. |