Match List-I (Common name) with List-II (IUPAC name)
|
List-I Common Name |
List-II IUPAC name |
|
(A) Aniline |
(I) N-Phenylethanamide |
|
(B) Acetanilide |
(II) Benzenamine |
|
(C) Sulphanilic acid |
(III) Prop-2-en-1-amine |
|
(D) Allylamine |
(IV) p-aminobenzene sulphonic acid |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(II), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(III)
|
List-I Common Name |
List-II IUPAC name |
|
(A) Aniline |
(II) Benzenamine |
|
(B) Acetanilide |
(I) N-Phenylethanamide |
|
(C) Sulphanilic acid |
(IV) p-aminobenzene sulphonic acid |
|
(D) Allylamine |
(III) Prop-2-en-1-amine |
(A) Aniline $\rightarrow$ (II) Benzenamine: Aniline is a primary aromatic amine. The $\text{-NH}_2$ group attached to a benzene ring is systematically named Benzenamine.
(B) Acetanilide $\rightarrow$ (I) N-Phenylethanamide: Acetanilide is an amide derived from aniline and acetic acid. The two-carbon parent chain is ethanamide, and the nitrogen atom is substituted with a phenyl group ($\text{C}_6\text{H}_5$), hence N-Phenylethanamide.
(C) Sulphanilic acid $\rightarrow$ (IV) p-aminobenzene sulphonic acid: Sulphanilic acid is an amino sulfonic acid. The amino group ($\text{-NH}_2$) and the sulfonic acid group ($\text{-SO}_3\text{H}$) are in the para position on the benzene ring, making it p-aminobenzene sulphonic acid.
(D) Allylamine $\rightarrow$ (III) Prop-2-en-1-amine: Allylamine has a three-carbon chain with a double bond and an amine group. The longest chain is propene, and the amine group ($\text{-NH}_2$) is on $\text{C}1$, while the double bond starts at $\text{C}2$. Hence, Prop-2-en-1-amine.