Complete the sentences given in List-I with the appropriate words from List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
|
(A) ____ people often get deceived. |
(I) creditable |
|
(B) She gave a ____ first performance at the theatre. |
(II) conscious |
|
(C) My ____ made me confess my guilt. |
(III) credulous |
|
(D) We soon became _____ of the presence of an intruder. |
(IV) conscience |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
Explanation |
|
(A) ____ people often get deceived. |
(III) credulous |
Credulous (Adjective) means having or showing too great a readiness to believe things; easily deceived. |
|
(B) She gave a ____ first performance at the theatre. |
(I) creditable |
Creditable (Adjective) means deserving praise, but perhaps not outstanding; good enough to deserve approval. |
|
(C) My ____ made me confess my guilt. |
(IV) conscience |
Conscience (Noun) is an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior. |
|
(D) We soon became _____ of the presence of an intruder. |
(II) conscious |
Conscious (Adjective) means aware of and responding to one's surroundings; awake. |