Fill in the blanks in List-I with the appropriate preposition in List-II
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Prepositions) |
|
(A) Akhila sat quietly ____ her best friend during the entire lecture. |
(I) besides |
|
(B) ____ being an excellent student, Atul is also a talented musician. |
(II) amongst |
|
(C) The debate continued ____ the members of the council late into the night. |
(III) between |
|
(D) The lone traveler stood ____ the towering mountains and the river lost in thought. |
(IV) beside |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(II), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Prepositions) |
Explanation |
|
(A) Akhila sat quietly ____ her best friend during the entire lecture. |
(IV) beside |
Beside means next to or at the side of. |
|
(B) ____ being an excellent student, Atul is also a talented musician. |
(I) besides |
Besides means in addition to or as well as. |
|
(C) The debate continued ____ the members of the council late into the night. |
(II) amongst |
Amongst (or among) is used when referring to a group of to or more people/things. |
|
(D) The lone traveler stood ____ the towering mountains and the river lost in thought. |
(III) between |
Between is used when referring to two distinct people, places, or things (the mountains and the river). |