Fill in the blanks in List-I with the appropriate words from List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
|
(A) The company decided to ____ off the late fees for the loyal customers. |
(I) bale |
|
(B) The farmer stacked a _____ of hay in the barn for the cattle. |
(II) waive |
|
(C) He gave a friendly ____ as he passed by the group of friends. |
(III) bail |
|
(D) He had to pay ____ to get released from custody |
(IV) wave |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(II), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
Explanation |
|
(A) The company decided to ____ off the late fees for the loyal customers. |
(II) waive |
Waive means to refrain from insisting on or using (a right or claim). |
|
(B) The farmer stacked a _____ of hay in the barn for the cattle. |
(I) bale |
A bale is a large bundle of raw or finished material, tied tightly with cord or wire. |
|
(C) He gave a friendly ____ as he passed by the group of friends. |
(IV) wave |
A wave is a movement of the hand or arm used to greet someone or signal. |
|
(D) He had to pay ____ to get released from custody |
(III) bail |
Bail is the temporary release of an accused person awaiting trial, sometimes on condition that a sum of money is lodged to guarantee their appearance in court. |