Vivek starts moving at the speed of 70 km/hr at 8:00 am. Neeraj starts moving in the same direction after 4 hours of Vivek at the speed of 120 km/hr. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct ?
I. Neeraj and Vivek meet each other at 5:36 pm.
II. Total distance covered by both Neeraj and Vivek till 4 pm is 1080 km.
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
I. Neeraj and Vivek meet each other at 5:36 pm.
Distance covered by Vivek in 4 hours = 70 × 4 = 280 km
Relative speed ( when moves in same direction ) = 120 - 70 = 50 km/h
Time taken = \(\frac{280}{50}\) = 5.6 hours
= 5 hours 36 minutes
So , both Neeraj and Vivek meet at 5:36pm
Statement I is correct .
II. Total distance covered by both Neeraj and Vivek till 4 pm is 1080 km.
Distance covered by Vivek till 4:00 pm = 70 × 8 = 560 km
DIstance covered by Neeraj till 4:00 pm = 120 × 4 = 480 km
So , Total distance traveled by both both = 560 + 480 = 1040 km
So , Statement 2 is incorrect .
Ans :- Only I