Match the idioms in List-I with their meanings in List-II:-
|
List-I (Idioms) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) Living in an ivory tower |
(I) Too young and inexperienced |
|
(B) Achilles' heel |
(II) A weak spot through which one can be hurt |
|
(C) Wet behind the ears |
(III) Too weak or unreliable to be depended on |
|
(D) A broken reed |
(IV) Protected from difficult and unpleasant features of life |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(II), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Idioms) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) Living in an ivory tower |
(IV) Protected from difficult and unpleasant features of life |
|
(B) Achilles' heel |
(II) A weak spot through which one can be hurt |
|
(C) Wet behind the ears |
(I) Too young and inexperienced |
|
(D) A broken reed |
(III) Too weak or unreliable to be depended on |