Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I (Quantity) |
List-II (Variation with distance) |
|
(A) Electric field due to a point charge |
(I) Inversely proportional to the cube of the distance |
|
(B) Electric potential due to a point charge |
(II) Inversely proportional to the square of the distance |
|
(C) Electric field due to uniformly charged infinite plane sheet |
(III) Inversely proportional to the distance |
|
(D) Electric field due to an electric dipole |
(IV) Independent of the distance |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I)
Matching List-I (Physical Quantities) with List-II (Distance Dependence):
(A) Electric field due to a point charge:
$E = \frac{1}{4\pi\varepsilon_0} \cdot \frac{q}{r^2} \Rightarrow$ Inversely proportional to the square of the distance → (II)
(B) Electric potential due to a point charge:
$V = \frac{1}{4\pi\varepsilon_0} \cdot \frac{q}{r} \Rightarrow$ Inversely proportional to the distance → (III)
(C) Electric field due to uniformly charged infinite plane sheet:
$E = \frac{\sigma}{2\varepsilon_0} \Rightarrow$ Independent of distance → (IV)
(D) Electric field due to an electric dipole:
$E = \frac{1}{4\pi\varepsilon_0} \cdot \frac{p}{r^3} \Rightarrow$ Inversely proportional to the cube of the distance → (I)