Complete the following sentence using the appropriate Adjective Clause :
The doctor has given me the medicine ________.
(A) who I must take
(B) where I must take
(C) that I must take
(D) when I must take
(E) whom I must take
Choose the correct answer from the options given below :
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is: (C) that I must take
Here's why:
- The missing clause modifies the noun "medicine." We need an adjective clause to describe the medicine in relation to the doctor's instructions.
Option (A): "who I must take" - This doesn't fit the context because "who" is used for people, not things like medicine.
Option (B): "where I must take" - This doesn't make sense because "where" is used for places, not medicine.
Option (C): "that I must take" - This is correct. "That" is a suitable relative pronoun to refer to the medicine.
Option (D): "when I must take" - This doesn't make sense because "when" is used for time-related situations, not medicine.
Option (E): "whom I must take" - Similar to option (A), "whom" is used for people, not things.