Match List - I with List - II.
|
List – I (Organism) |
List – II (Product) |
|
(A) Aspergillus niger |
(I) Lactic Acid |
|
(B) Acetobacter aceti |
(II) Citric Acid |
|
(C) Lactobacillus |
(III) Butyric Acid |
|
(D) Clostridium butylicum |
(IV) Acetic Acid |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → (A)-(II), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List – I (Organism) |
List – II (Product) |
|
(A) Aspergillus niger |
(II) Citric Acid |
|
(B) Acetobacter aceti |
(IV) Acetic Acid |
|
(C) Lactobacillus |
(I) Lactic Acid |
|
(D) Clostridium butylicum |
(III) Butyric Acid |
Microbes are used for commercial and industrial production of certain chemicals like organic acids, alcohols and enzymes. Examples of acid producers are Aspergillus niger (a fungus) of citric acid, Acetobacter aceti (a bacterium) of acetic acid; Clostridium butylicum (a bacterium) of butyric acid and Lactobacillus (a bacterium) of lactic acid. Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) is used for commercial production of ethanol.