Match the states in List I with their type in List II
|
LIST I State |
LIST II Type |
|
A. Kashmir |
I. New State |
|
B. Bombay |
II. Princely State |
|
C. Jharkhand |
III Union Territory |
|
D. Pondicherry |
IV. Presidency |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → A-II, B-IV, C-I, D-III
|
LIST I State |
LIST II Type |
|
A. Kashmir |
II. Princely State |
|
B. Bombay |
IV. Presidency |
|
C. Jharkhand |
I. New State |
|
D. Pondicherry |
III Union Territory |
- Kashmir: Kashmir was a princely state before independence. So, A-II.
- Bombay: Bombay was a presidency during British rule. So, B-IV.
- Jharkhand: Jharkhand was a new state formed after independence. So, C-I.
- Pondicherry: Pondicherry was a French colony and later became a union territory. So, D-III.