Match List I with List II
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Wherefore |
I. adverb of reason |
|
B. seriously |
II. adverb of degree |
|
C. probably |
III. interrogative adverb |
|
D. consequently |
IV. adverb of affirmation |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → A-III, B-II, C-IV, D-I
-
A. Wherefore → III. Interrogative adverb
- "Wherefore" is an archaic term used to ask for a reason (Why?). It is an interrogative adverb.
-
B. Seriously → II. Adverb of degree
- "Seriously" expresses the intensity of the seriousness, making it an adverb of degree.
-
C. Probably → IV. Adverb of affirmation
- "Probably" confirms a likelihood, indicating affirmation.
-
D. Consequently → I. Adverb of reason
- "Consequently" explains the result or reason of an action, making it an adverb of reason.