Match List - I with List - II.
|
List – I (Jain Tirthan Karas) |
List – II (Symbolic Representation) |
|
(A) Rishabha |
(I) Lion |
|
(B) Mahavira |
(II) Elephant |
|
(C) Parshavnath |
(III) Bull |
|
(D) Ajitnath |
(IV) Serpent |
Choose the most appropriate answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
|
List – I (Jain Tirthan Karas) |
List – II (Symbolic Representation) |
|
(A) Rishabha |
(III) Bull |
|
(B) Mahavira |
(I) Lion |
|
(C) Parshavnath |
(IV) Serpent |
|
(D) Ajitnath |
(II) Elephant |
Each Jain Tirthankara is associated with a specific symbol:
Rishabha: The symbolic representation of Rishabha is a bull. Bull symbolizes steadfastness and renunciation.
Mahavira: The symbolic representation of Mahavira is a Lion. Lion symbolizes strength and leadership.
Parshavnath: The symbolic representation of Parshavnath is a serpent. This symbol likely signifies his victory over worldly desires. The serpent also symbolizes transformation and asceticism.
Ajitnath: The symbolic representation of Ajitnath is an elephant. This symbol is often associated with strength, power, and wisdom.