Match List I with List II.
| List I | List II |
| A. Al-Biruni | I. Morocco |
| B. Ibn Battuta | II. Samarqand |
| C. Abdur Razzaq | III. France |
| D. Francois Bernier | IV. Uzbekistan |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → A-IV, B-I, C-II, D-III
The correct match is:
| List I | List II |
| A. Al-Biruni | IV. Uzbekistan |
| B. Ibn Battuta | I. Morocco |
| C. Abdur Razzaq | II. Samarqand |
| D. Francois Bernier | III. France |
Timeline of Some Travellers who Left Accounts after visiting India:
Tenth-eleventh centuries
973-1048: Muhammad ibn Ahmad Abu Raihan al-Biruni (from Uzbekistan)
Thirteenth century
1254-1323: Marco Polo (from Italy)
Fourteenth century
1304-77: Ibn Battuta (from Morocco)
Fifteenth-century
1413-82: Abd al-Razzaq Kamal al-Din ibn Ishaq al-Samarqandi (from Samarqand)
1466-72 (years spent in India): Afanasii Nikitich Nikitin (fifteenth century, from Russia)
Sixteenth century
1518 (visit to India): Duarte Barbosa, d.1521 (from Portugal)
1562 (year of death): Seydi Ali Reis (from Turkey)
1536-1600: Antonio Monserrate (from Spain)
Seventeenth century
1626-31 (years spent in India): Mahmud Wali Balkhi (from Balkh)
1600-67: Peter Mundy (from England)
1605-89: Jean-Baptiste Tavernier (from France)
1620-88: François Bernier (from France)