Match List - I with List - II.
|
List – I (Name of the organism) |
List – II (Chromosome number in meiocyte) |
|
(A) Maize |
(I) 24 |
|
(B) Apple |
(II) 48 |
|
(C) Potato |
(III) 34 |
|
(D) Rice |
(IV) 20 |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(III), (C)-(II), (D)-(I)
|
List – I (Name of the organism) |
List – II (Chromosome number in meiocyte) |
|
(A) Maize |
(IV) 20 |
|
(B) Apple |
(III) 34 |
|
(C) Potato |
(II) 48 |
|
(D) Rice |
(I) 24 |
In diploid organisms, specialised cells called meiocytes (gamete mother cell) undergo meiosis. At the end of meiosis, only one set of chromosomes gets incorporated into each gamete.
Maize: 20 chromosomes in diploid cells
Apple: 34 chromosomes in diploid cells
Potato: 48 chromosomes in diploid cells
Rice: 24 chromosomes in diploid cells