Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I Structure of Protein |
List-II Function |
|
(A) Primary Structure |
(I) Gives rise to Fibrous and Globular Proteins |
|
(B) Secondary structure |
(II) Sequence of amino acid |
|
(C) Tertiary Structure |
(III) Shape of polypeptide Chain |
|
(D) Quaternary Structure |
(IV) Spatial arrangement of sub-units |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(I), (D)-(IV)
|
List-I Structure of Protein |
List-II Function |
|
(A) Primary Structure |
(II) Sequence of amino acid |
|
(B) Secondary structure |
(III) Shape of polypeptide Chain |
|
(C) Tertiary Structure |
(I) Gives rise to Fibrous and Globular Proteins |
|
(D) Quaternary Structure |
(IV) Spatial arrangement of sub-units |
- (A) Primary Structure: This is the most basic level, referring specifically to the sequence of amino acids in a polypeptide chain. Any change in this sequence can result in a different protein.
- Match: (A)-(II)
- (B) Secondary Structure: This refers to the shape of the polypeptide chain as it folds due to hydrogen bonding. Common shapes include the $\alpha$-helix and $\beta$-pleated sheet.
- Match: (B)-(III)
- (C) Tertiary Structure: This level represents the overall folding of the secondary structure. It gives rise to two major molecular shapes: Fibrous and Globular proteins. It is stabilized by various bonds like disulfide bridges and hydrophobic interactions.
- Match: (C)-(I)
- (D) Quaternary Structure: This refers to the spatial arrangement of sub-units (two or more polypeptide chains) with respect to each other. A classic example is hemoglobin.
- Match: (D)-(IV)