Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(Time) |
(Angle between the hour hand and minute hand of a clock) |
|
(A) 2:20 p.m. |
(I) 35° |
|
(B) 3:10 p.m. |
(II) 70° |
|
(C) 4:30 p.m. |
(III) 50° |
|
(D) 5:40 p.m. |
(IV) 45° |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(II)
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(Time) |
(Angle between the hour hand and minute hand of a clock) |
|
(A) 2:20 p.m. |
(III) 50° |
|
(B) 3:10 p.m. |
(I) 35° |
|
(C) 4:30 p.m. |
(IV) 45° |
|
(D) 5:40 p.m. |
(II) 70° |
To calculate the angle between hour and minute hand:
Angle = |(30 × Hour − (11/2) × Minutes)|
(A) 2:20
Angle = |30×2 − (11/2)×20| = |60 − 110| = 50°
(B) 3:10
Angle = |30×3 − (11/2)×10| = |90 − 55| = 35°
(C) 4:30
Angle = |30×4 − (11/2)×30| = |120 − 165| = 45°
(D) 5:40
Angle = |30×5 − (11/2)×40| = |150 − 220| = 70°