Match List – I with List – II.
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Alexander Greenlaw |
(I) Documenting the inscriptions on the temple walls |
|
(B) John Marshall |
(II) Visits Vijayanagara in 1800 |
|
(C) J.F. Fleet |
(III) Conservation works of Vijayanagara began under him |
|
(D) Colin Mackenzie |
(IV) Detailed photography at Hampi |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) - (A) - (IV), (B) - (III), (C) - (I), (D) - (II)
The correct match is:
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Alexander Greenlaw |
(IV) Detailed photography at Hampi |
|
(B) John Marshall |
(III) Conservation works of Vijayanagara began under him |
|
(C) J.F. Fleet |
(I) Documenting the inscriptions on the temple walls |
|
(D) Colin Mackenzie |
(II) Visits Vijayanagara in 1800 |
Explanation:
In 1856 Alexander Greenlaw took the first detailed photographs of archaeological remains at Hampi.
Conservation of Vijayanagara Kingdom began under John Marshall in 1902. He served as the Director General of the Archaeological Survey of India from 1902 to 1928.
J.F. Fleet documented the inscriptions on the temple walls at the site (Vijayanagara Empire) in 1876.
In 1800 Colin Mackenzie visited Hampi (Vijayanagara). The ruins at Hampi were brought to light in 1800 by an engineer and antiquarian named Colonel Colin Mackenzie.