Match List-I with List-II:
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Quaternary |
(I) Manufacturing |
|
(B) Secondary |
(II) Mining |
|
(C) Tertiary |
(III) Taxi services |
|
(D) Primary |
(IV) Research scientist |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) - (A) - (IV), (B) - (I), (C) - (III), (D) - (II)
Here's an explanation for each pair:
-
(A) Quaternary - (IV) Research scientist: Quaternary economic activities involve intellectual pursuits, research, and development. Research scientists typically engage in quaternary activities by conducting research, developing new technologies, and advancing knowledge in various fields.
-
(B) Secondary - (I) Manufacturing: Secondary economic activities involve the processing of raw materials into finished goods. Manufacturing is a primary example of a secondary activity, where raw materials are transformed into products such as automobiles, electronics, textiles, etc.
-
(C) Tertiary - (III) Taxi services: Tertiary economic activities involve providing services rather than producing goods. Taxi services are a typical example of a tertiary activity, where individuals provide transportation services to customers in exchange for payment.
-
(D) Primary - (II) Mining: Primary economic activities involve the extraction of natural resources from the Earth. Mining is a primary activity where minerals, ores, coal, oil, gas, etc., are extracted from the Earth's crust for further processing and utilization.