Which of the following statement is correct?
I. If x = 12, y = -2 and z = -10, then $x^3+y^3+z^3=720$
II. If x + y = 48 and 4xy = 128, then s the value of $4x^2 +4y^2 is 8960$
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
I. If x = 12, y = -2 and z = -10, then $x^3+y^3+z^3=720$
$x^3+y^3+z^3$ = 123 + (-2)3 + (-10)3
$x^3+y^3+z^3$ = 1728 - 8 - 1000 = 720
II. If x + y = 48 and 4xy = 128, then s the value of $4x^2 +4y^2 is 8960$
$x^3+y^3$ = 4 ( x2 + y2 ) = 4 (x2 + y2 + 2xy)
xy = \(\frac{128}{4}\) = 32
482 = ( x2 + y2 + 2 × 32 )
x2 + y2 = 2240
4 ( x2 + y2 ) = 4 × 2240 = 8960
Both I and II