Match the following lists.
| LIST I (Organization process) | LIST II |
| A) Division of work | I) Facilitate specialization |
| B) Departmentalization | II) Match between nature of job and ability of an individual |
| C) Assignment of duties | III) Creating hierarchal structure in the organisation |
| D) Establishing reporting relationships | IV) Burden of work can be shared among employees |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is option 4- A-IV, B-I, C-II, D-III.
| LIST I (Organization process) | LIST II |
| A) Division of work | IV) Burden of work can be shared among employees |
| B) Departmentalization | I) Facilitate specialization |
| C) Assignment of duties | II) Match between nature of job and ability of an individual |
| D) Establishing reporting relationships | III) Creating hierarchal structure in the organisation |
* Organization process - Division of work: The work of an organization is divided into manageable activities so that duplication can be avoided, and the burden of work can be shared among the employees.
* Organization process - Departmentalization: Once the work has been divided into small activities then those activities which are similar in nature are grouped together. Such sets facilitate specialization.
* Organization process - Assignment of duties: Jobs are allocated to the members of each department in accordance with their skills and competencies. It is essential for effective performance that a proper match is made between the nature of a job and the ability of an individual.
* Organization process - Establishing reporting relationships: Merely allocating work is not enough. Each individual should also know who he has to take orders from and to whom he is accountable. The establishment of such clear relationships helps to create a hierarchal structure and helps in coordination amongst various departments.