Match the newspaper in List I with the language of publication in List II
|
LIST I Newspaper |
LIST II Language |
|
A. Mathrubhumi |
I. Persian |
|
B. Amrita Bazar Patika |
II. Marathi |
|
C. Kesari |
III. English |
|
D. Mirat-ul-Akbar |
IV. Malayalam |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → A-IV, B-III, C-II, D-I
A. Mathrubhumi (IV. Malayalam): Mathrubhumi is a leading Malayalam newspaper published in Kerala, India.
B. Amrita Bazar Patika (III. English): Amrita Bazar Patika was a prominent Bengali newspaper published in the 19th and early 20th centuries, but it eventually switched to English.
C. Kesari (II. Marathi): Kesari was a Marathi newspaper founded by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, a prominent figure in the Indian independence movement.
D. Mirat-ul-Akbar (I. Persian): Mirat-ul-Akbar was a famous Persian newspaper established by Raja Ram Mohun Roy.