Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I (Country) |
List-II (Name of Parliament) |
|
(A) Spain |
(I) Folketing |
|
(B) Denmark |
(II) Mili Shora |
|
(C) Australia |
(III) Cortes Generales |
|
(D) Afghanistan |
(IV) Federal Parliament |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Country) |
List-II (Name of Parliament) |
|
(A) Spain |
(III) Cortes Generales |
|
(B) Denmark |
(I) Folketing |
|
(C) Australia |
(IV) Federal Parliament |
|
(D) Afghanistan |
(II) Mili Shora |
(A) Spain: The legislature of Spain is known as the Cortes Generales. It consists of two houses: the Congress of Deputies and the Senate.
- Match: (A) – (III)
(B) Denmark: The Danish parliament is called the Folketing. The name literally translates to "The people's thing" or "people's assembly."
- Match: (B) – (I)
(C) Australia: As a federation, Australia's legislative body is known as the Federal Parliament (or the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia).
- Match: (C) – (IV)
(D) Afghanistan: The traditional name for the legislative council/parliament in Afghanistan is the Mili Shora (also known as the Shura-e-Milli).
- Match: (D) – (II)