Match List I with List II
| List I | List II |
| A. Partner's Salary | I. P & L A/c Dr. |
| B. Manager's Salary | II. P & L Appropriation Ac Dr. |
| C. Distribution of Loss | III. P & L A/c Cr. |
| D. Commission Received | IV. P & L Appropriation A/c Cr. |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is option 1- A-II, B-I, C-IV, D-III.
| List I | List II |
| A. Partner's Salary | II. P & L Appropriation Ac Dr. |
| B. Manager's Salary | I. P & L A/c Dr. |
| C. Distribution of Loss | IV. P & L Appropriation A/c Cr. |
| D. Commission Received | III. P & L A/c Cr. |
* Partner’s Salary- It is an appropriation so it is debited to profit and loss appropriation account. The journal for this is as follow-
Profit and Loss Appropriation A/c Dr.
To Salary to Partner’s A/c
* Manager salary(Dr)- is debited to profit and loss account as it is an expense for the firm. The journal for this is as follow-
Profit and Loss A/c Dr.
To Salary to Manager A/c
* Distribution of Loss after appropriations- Loss is distributed between partners. Loss reduces the capital balance pf the partners so it is debited to their account. The journal for this is as follow-
Partner’s Capital/Current A/c (individually)
To Profit and Loss Appropriation A/c
* Commission received(Cr)- is credited to profit and loss account as it is an income for the firm. The journal for this is as follow-
Commission received A/c Dr.
To Profit and Loss A/c