Identify the Adverbs used in the given sentences in List I and match them with the type given in List II:
|
List I |
List II |
|
A. Gautam Buddha left his family stealthily. |
I. adverb of degree. |
|
B. I have pleaded enough and now I give up. |
II. interrogative adverbs |
|
C. How did you come here? |
III. adverb of manner |
|
D. He has not left the place. |
IV. adverb of affirmation negation |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → A-III, B-I, C-II, D-IV
A. Gautam Buddha left his family stealthily.
- Adverb: stealthily
- This describes the manner in which Gautam Buddha left.
- Type: Adverb of manner (III).
B. I have pleaded enough and now I give up.
- Adverb: enough
- This indicates the degree to which the pleading occurred.
- Type: Adverb of degree (I).
C. How did you come here?
- Adverb: How
- This is an interrogative word questioning the manner of arrival.
- Type: Interrogative adverb (II).
D. He has not left the place.
- Adverb: not
- This negates the action of leaving.
- Type: Adverb of affirmation/negation (IV).