Match List I with List II
|
List I (Codes) |
List II (Codes for) |
| A. UUU | I. Phenyalanine |
| B. AUG | II. Initiator codon |
| C. UAA | III. Terminator codon |
| D. GUU | IV. Valine |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1)- A-I, B-II, C-III, D-IV
|
List I (Codes) |
List II (Codes for) |
| A. UUU | I. Phenyalanine |
| B. AUG | II. Initiator codon |
| C. UAA | III. Terminator codon |
| D. GUU | IV. Valine |
A. UUU corresponds to I. Phenylalanine
- UUU is the mRNA codon that codes for the amino acid phenylalanine.
B. AUG corresponds to II. Initiator codon
- AUG is the codon that serves as the start codon or initiator codon, indicating the beginning of protein synthesis.
C. UAA corresponds to III. Terminator codon
- UAA is one of the three stop codons or terminator codons, which signal the end of protein synthesis.
D. GUU corresponds to IV. Valine
- GUU is the mRNA codon that codes for the amino acid valine.