Match List - I with List - II:-
|
List – I |
List – II |
|
(A) Endogamy |
(I) The practice of a man having several wives. |
|
(B) Exogamy |
(II) It refers to marriage outside the unit. |
|
(C) Polygyny |
(III) The practise of a woman having several husbands. |
|
(D) Polyandry |
(IV) It refers to marriage within a unit. |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(II), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List – I |
List – II |
|
(A) Endogamy |
(IV) It refers to marriage within a unit. |
|
(B) Exogamy |
(II) It refers to marriage outside the unit. |
|
(C) Polygyny |
(I) The practice of a man having several wives. |
|
(D) Polyandry |
(III) The practise of a woman having several husbands. |
Types of marriages:
Endogamy refers to marriage within a unit - this could be a kin group, caste, or a group living in the same locality.
Exogamy refers to marriage outside the unit.
Polygyny is the practice of a man having several wives.
Polyandry is the practice of a woman having several husbands.