Fill in the blanks in List-I with the appropriate phrasal verbs from List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Phrasal verbs) |
|
(A) It is possible to ____ any job interview by just talking about your interests. |
(I) get down |
|
(B) It appears that the temperature will soon ____ to zero. |
(II) get by |
|
(C) In some organisations you never ____ the position for which you were hired. |
(III) get back |
|
(D) I have to ____ to London to complete my project that is now long overdue. |
(IV) get beyond |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(II), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Phrasal verbs) |
Explanation |
|
(A) It is possible to ____ any job interview by just talking about your interests. |
(II) get by |
Get by means to succeed with minimal effort or to manage adequately. |
|
(B) It appears that the temperature will soon ____ to zero. |
(I) get down |
Get down means to decrease or descend to a specific level (often used for temperature). |
|
(C) In some organisations you never ____ the position for which you were hired. |
(IV) get beyond |
Get beyond means to advance past a certain point or stage; to surpass. |
|
(D) I have to ____ to London to complete my project that is now long overdue. |
(III) get back |
Get back means to return to a place. |