Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I (List of Biosphere Reserves in India) |
List-II (The Indian States in which the Biosphere Reserves are located) |
|
(A) Dibru Saikhowa |
(I) Andhra Pradesh |
|
(B) Dehang Debang |
(II) Assam |
|
(C) Seshachalam |
(III) Meghalaya |
|
(D) Nokrek |
(IV) Arunachal Pradesh |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(II), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (List of Biosphere Reserves in India) |
List-II (The Indian States in which the Biosphere Reserves are located) |
|
(A) Dibru Saikhowa |
(II) Assam |
|
(B) Dehang Debang |
(IV) Arunachal Pradesh |
|
(C) Seshachalam |
(I) Andhra Pradesh |
|
(D) Nokrek |
(III) Meghalaya |
(A) Dibru Saikhowa — (II) Assam: Located in the Dibrugarh and Tinsukia districts, it is famous for its feral horses and the rare white-winged wood duck.
(B) Dehang Debang — (IV) Arunachal Pradesh: This reserve covers parts of the Siang and Dibang Valley and is known for its diverse altitudinal range, from tropical forests to alpine meadows.
(C) Seshachalam — (I) Andhra Pradesh: Situated in the Eastern Ghats, these hills are famous for their rich deposits of Red Sanders (red sandalwood) and the spiritual center of Tirupati.
(D) Nokrek — (III) Meghalaya: Located in the West Garo Hills, it is a hotspot for citrus biodiversity and the highest peak of the Garo Hills.