Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Shunt resistance |
(I) infinite resistance |
|
(B) An ammeter resistance |
(II) connected in parallel with the galvanometer coil |
|
(C) An ideal voltmeter. |
(III) zero resistance |
|
(D) An ideal ammeter |
(IV) less than that of the shunt resistance |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(II), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Shunt resistance |
(II) connected in parallel with the galvanometer coil |
|
(B) An ammeter resistance |
(IV) less than that of the shunt resistance |
|
(C) An ideal voltmeter. |
(I) infinite resistance |
|
(D) An ideal ammeter |
(III) zero resistance |
(A) Shunt resistance → (II) connected in parallel with the galvanometer coil
Explanation: The shunt resistance is connected in parallel with the galvanometer to allow most of the current to bypass the galvanometer, thus protecting it and converting it into an ammeter.
(B) An ammeter resistance → (IV) less than that of the shunt resistance
Explanation: The total resistance of an ammeter is very low and is slightly less than the shunt resistance, ensuring minimum voltage drop when connected in series.
(C) An ideal voltmeter → (I) infinite resistance
Explanation: An ideal voltmeter must have infinite resistance so that it draws no current from the circuit and does not alter the potential difference being measured.
(D) An ideal ammeter → (III) zero resistance
Explanation: An ideal ammeter should have zero resistance so that it does not cause any voltage drop when connected in series with the circuit.