What is the title of 'Shaikh Muinuddin Chishti's' biography written by Jahanara?
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → Munis al-Arwah
The biography of Shaikh Muinuddin Chishti, authored by Jahanara (the daughter of the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan), is "Munis al-Arwah." The title "Munis al-Arwah" translates to "The Confidant of Spirits" in English.
The following is an excerpt from Jahanara's biography of Shaikh Muinuddin Chishti, titled Munis al Arwah (The Confidant of Spirits):
After praising the one God...this lowly Faqira (humble soul) Jahanara... went from the capital Agra in the company of my great Father (Emperor Shah Jahan) towards the pure region of incomparable Ajmer... I was committed to this idea. that every day in every station I would perform two cycles of optional prayer...
For several days... I did not sleep on a leopard skin at night, I did not extend my feet in the direction of the blessed sanctuary of the revered saving master, and I did not turn my back towards him. I passed the days beneath the trees.