Match List I with List II.
| List I | List II |
| A. Supervision | I. Process of exchange of ideas, views, facts, feelings etc |
| B. Motivation | II. Encouraging subordinates with zeal to work |
| C. Leadership | III. Direct and immediate guidance and control of subordinates |
| D. Communication | IV. Guiding and influencing the work of subordinates in desired direction |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below :
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is option 1- A-III, B-II, C-IV, D-I.
| List I | List II |
| A. Supervision | III. Direct and immediate guidance and control of subordinates |
| B. Motivation | II. Encouraging subordinates with zeal to work |
| C. Leadership | IV. Guiding and influencing the work of subordinates in desired direction |
| D. Communication | I. Process of exchange of ideas, views, facts, feelings etc |
(A) Supervision- (III) Direct and immediate guidance and control of subordinates
Supervision can be understood as the process of guiding the efforts of employees and other resources to accomplish the desired objectives. It is an element of direction. It can be understood as a process as well as the functions performed by supervisor (a position at operative level).
(B) Motivation- (II) Encouraging subordinates with zeal to work
Motivation means incitement or inducement to act or move. In the context of an organisation, it means the process of making subordinates to act in a desired manner to achieve certain organisational goals. Thus, Motivation is the process of stimulating people to action to accomplish desired goals. Motivation depends upon satisfying needs of people.
(C) Leadership- (IV) Guiding and influencing the work of subordinates in desired direction
Leadership is the process of influencing the behaviour of people by making them strive voluntarily towards achievement of organisational goals. Leadership tries to bring change in the behaviour of others. A good manager directs through praise and criticism in such a way that it brings out the best in the employee.
(D) Communication- (I) Process of exchange of ideas, views, facts, feelings etc
Communication- The word communication has been derived from the Latin word ‘communis’ which means ‘common’ which consequently implies common understanding. Communication is defined in different ways. Generally, it is understood as a process of exchange of ideas, views, facts, feelings, etc., between or among people to create common understanding.