Match the following in the context of the life of Gautam Buddha:
|
List 1 |
List 2 |
|
(A) Birth |
(I) Lumbini |
|
(B) Enlightenment |
(II) Kushinagar |
|
(C) First Sermon |
(III) Sarnath |
|
(D) Nibbana |
(IV) Bodh Gaya |
Choose the correct answer from the given options:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option 3 - (A)-(I), (B)-(IV), (C)-(III), (D)- (II)
|
List 1 |
List 2 |
|
(A) Birth |
(I) Lumbini |
|
(B) Enlightenment |
(IV) Bodh Gaya |
|
(C) First Sermon |
(III) Sarnath |
|
(D) Nibbana |
(II) Kushinagar |
Explanation:
Gautama Buddha was born in Lumbini in Nepal. He belonged to the Sakya clan. He attained enlightenment under a Bodhi/Peepal tree in Bodh Gaya. He delivered his first sermon at deer park in Sarnath. He attained Nibbana in Kushnagar in Gorakhpur.