Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I Viceroys of India |
List-II Period |
|
(A) Lord Curzon |
(I) 1869-1872 |
|
(B) Lord Irwin |
(II) 1898-1904 |
|
(C) Lord Canning |
(III) 1926-1931 |
|
(D) Lord Mayo |
(IV) 1858-1862 |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I)
|
List-I Viceroys of India |
List-II Period |
|
(A) Lord Curzon |
(II) 1898-1904 |
|
(B) Lord Irwin |
(III) 1926-1931 |
|
(C) Lord Canning |
(IV) 1858-1862 |
|
(D) Lord Mayo |
(I) 1869-1872 |
(A) Lord Curzon — (II) 1898–1904: Curzon is most famously known for the Partition of Bengal in 1905 (his full tenure actually extended slightly into 1905).
(B) Lord Irwin — (III) 1926–1931: His period is notable for the Simon Commission, the Civil Disobedience Movement, and the Gandhi-Irwin Pact.
(C) Lord Canning — (IV) 1858–1862: He served as the last Governor-General under the East India Company and became the first Viceroy of India after the 1857 Revolt.
(D) Lord Mayo — (I) 1869–1872: He is remembered for initiating the first census in India and for his assassination in the Andaman Islands.