Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) The value of $\int\limits_0^4|x|dx$ is |
(I) 3 |
|
(B) The value of $\int\limits_{-2}^2|x|dx$ is |
(II) -1 |
|
(C) The value of $\int\limits_0^3[x] dx$ is |
(III) 8 |
|
(D) The value of $\int\limits_{-1}^1[x] dx$ is |
(IV) 4 |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) The value of $\int\limits_0^4|x|dx$ is |
(III) 8 |
|
(B) The value of $\int\limits_{-2}^2|x|dx$ is |
(IV) 4 |
|
(C) The value of $\int\limits_0^3[x] dx$ is |
(I) 3 |
|
(D) The value of $\int\limits_{-1}^1[x] dx$ is |
(II) -1 |
List-I and List-II Matching:
(A) $\displaystyle \int_0^4 |x|\, dx$
For $x \in [0, 4]$, $|x| = x$
$\Rightarrow \int_0^4 x\, dx = \left[\frac{x^2}{2}\right]_0^4 = \frac{16}{2} = 8$
⇒ (A) → (III)
(B) $\displaystyle \int_{-2}^2 |x|\, dx$
Even function: $= 2 \int_0^2 x\, dx = 2 \cdot \left[\frac{x^2}{2}\right]_0^2 = 2 \cdot \frac{4}{2} = 4$
⇒ (B) → (IV)
(C) $\displaystyle \int_0^3 [x]\, dx$
$[x]$ is the greatest integer ≤ x
- On $[0,1)$: $[x] = 0$ → Area = $0 \cdot 1 = 0$
- On $[1,2)$: $[x] = 1$ → Area = $1 \cdot 1 = 1$
- On $[2,3)$: $[x] = 2$ → Area = $2 \cdot 1 = 2$
Total = $0 + 1 + 2 = 3$
⇒ (C) → (I)
(D) $\displaystyle \int_{-1}^1 [x]\, dx$
On $[-1, 0)$: $[x] = -1$ → Interval length = 1 → Area = $-1 \cdot 1 = -1$
On $[0,1)$: $[x] = 0$ → Area = $0$
Total = $-1 + 0 = -1$
⇒ (D) → (II)